Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Cover Changes

Today I made many changes to my cover to improve the visual appeal. First, I added a bar code to the bottom right corner of my magazine. I put it here because it was an empty space that needed to be filled. I also added this to make my magazine mimic a realistic magazine. I then looked at the same hip hop magazines my group and I researched earlier in the process and began to make revisions based off of these. One thing I realized that was common of magazines was to separate the article titles on the cover in some way. Typically they were either very far apart from each other on the title, or they were physically separated by a barrier.  On my magazine, I separated my puffs with white lines in between them. I choose this method because it complimented my cover well and was the most visually appealing option.

I also noticed that many magazines used shapes and other elements as text boxes to put their text in. I mimicked this for my slogan by placing the slogan in an octagon on my cover. This was very visually appealing and made the slogan stand out more. I did something similar with this for the title of my magazine. I placed a black box behind the title on my cover and left the font color as red. I did this because it makes the title stand out even more to the reader. The bright red font on the black background really pops and draws all of the readers attention which is the intention.

My Updated Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment