Throughout the process of making the magazine I tried to reinforce many themes to keep my magazine consistent and to give it a unique style. The first theme I tried to keep throughout y magazine was the bold red font. On my cover page all of the text is very bright red and very bold. This was to grab a readers attention and to make my magazine stand out on a shelf. The goal of the red was also to excite the reader since red is a psychologically exciting color. I used this theme of red in my Contents page, but not in my two page spread. I did not want to include the red theme in my two page spread because I did not want anything specifically to take the readers attention, rather I wanted the reader to view the article as a whole.
Another theme that was reinforced in my magazine was very light text on a dark background. I used this style to make my magazine unique. Most of the hip hop magazines we researched before this project used black text on a white background. What I wanted to do with my magazine was create a very unique style that made it unlike any other hip hop magazines. The inclusion of white text on a black background throughout my whole magazine challenges the classic black text on white background and makes my magazine unique. All of the themes we used in The Come Up were used to create a unique style that would make our magazine very recognizable among consumers. We also created some things due to conventional styles in other hip hop magazines. Red was a very common theme among other hip hop magazines which inspired us to use the red.
No comments:
Post a Comment