Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Cover Second Draft

Today I worked on making revisions to my cover. I made a lot of changes to it that made it look a lot better. One of the major things that I changed was the cover photo. I decided to change the cover photo because the naturalistic background of the first did not fit well with the rest of the cover. The theme was meant to be dangerous and reckless and the red was supposed to evoke these feelings in the reader. The naturalistic background of this photo did not mix well with the dominant red colors of the text. So I decided to change it to a photo of my model with a simple white background. This makes it so the red on the cover really stands out and it really causes the title to pop. The new picture also includes my model wearing a chain which further adds to the sense of wealth I intended to create. On the new photo my models face is also showing, showing is face tattoos and a very intimidating look. All of these things add to the validity of his career and entice the reader to buy my magazine.

I also decided to change the color of some things. The previous decision that I made that when the bar on the side and the font color of the sub titles were both red this was too much red, was a good decision. I originally changed the color of the sub titles to white to counter this. On this draft I decided to change the color of the bar on the side rather than the font. I changed the color from red to black, which compliments the red very well. The font is now all red which causes it to stand out ost on the cover, which is what I wanted. I also changed the red I used from a darker red to a much brighter more vibrant red that stands out more.

This is the draft I created today

No comments:

Post a Comment