Thursday, November 7, 2019

Research for Photo Shoot

Today we did research to further plan out what we would be doing in our photo shoot. We wanted to focus our research on what rappers wore, how they typically posed, the faces they made in pictures, and other aspects of how they acted in photos. Through looking up pictures of many popular rappers I found a lot of valuable trends in the way they dressed. Typically rappers dress in very expensive clothing. They wear things such as fur coats that are very clearly expensive. They also wear a lot of designer clothes and wear big brand names such as Gucci, and Supreme. There are other rappers though, such as Jay Z, who do not dress as extravagantly. Jay Z dresses very casually and typically only wears a t-shirt and jeans. What I have to decide is what I want my model to reflect. I have to decide if I want my model to follow the trends set by rappers wearing extravagant clothing, or if I want him to dress humbly.  Two common themes between both though, are that in most pictures a lot of the popular rappers are wearing hats, and expensive chains.

The rappers in most of their pictures tend to have very serious faces. They often give off a very intimidating look. This is something I will try to achieve with my model in order to replicate the rapper feel. Also, the rappers tend to have very basic poses when being photographed. I found that there are not really any common poses in the pictures I looked at. The only common actions in he pictures were pictures of them performing. I have not yet decided if I want my cover photo to be an action shot or just a still picture.
Jay Z in very casual attire at his show

Kodak Black wearing a very expensive fur coat



No comments:

Post a Comment