Friday, November 15, 2019

Shot Types


While doing my photo shoot I made many decisions on what shot type to use in the different photos that I took. In many of my photos I choose to do medium close up shots. The reason I did this was to show a sense of intimacy with the subject. I wanted the readers to feel a connection to my model when they saw the pictures of him and the best way to do this was take closer shots of him in order to create a sense of intimacy. The closer shot type also better shows the models emotion. The emotion was something that I really wanted to emphasize. The emotion was used to capture the feel of rap music. Rap music is typically very dangerous and explicit music. For this reason I had my model look very intimidating and dangerous. This was also very typical of rappers in other magazines I looked at.

I also used some long shots in order to relate my model to the background. If I found something that, for example, would show his wealth, I took a picture of him from far away enough to make sure that it would be in the background. This was important because one of the major aspects I wanted to capture was wealth. This was to show success and establish my model as a valid rapper. This validity as a rapper would entice potential readers to buy my magazine as they would be reading about a very successful new rapper.








No comments:

Post a Comment