Thursday, November 14, 2019

Technical Difficulties

After the photo shoot we had to find a way to retrieve the photos to start making our covers. Since we took the photos on my camera we had to extract them off of the SD card from my camera. We planned on bringing the SD card to school and using the computers here to do that. When we got here, however we learned that the computers had no SD card readers. This proved to be a problem because my laptop at home also had no SD card reader. What I then had to do was find an adapter that converted a USB C plug, which is found on my laptop, to an SD card reader. I went online and found an adapter that did just this on Amazon and ordered it. The problem after that was the shipping time. It would take three days to be delivered. Now we may not be able to receive the pictures until Monday November 18th.

Once the adapter is delivered I will have to move the pictures from the SD card to a flash drive in order to give them to my group members and access them on the school computers. We will most likely be able to do this on Monday. In order to do this, however, I will probably have to bring in my laptop and the new adapter to school. Being unable to extract the pictures for three days has been a set back, but we have found other things to work on while waiting.

Image result for sd card usb c adapter
The adapter I had to buy in order to access the pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment