Thursday, November 14, 2019

Prop Decision Explained

For my photo shoot I made many conscious decisions on what I wanted my model to wear. I had my model wear an Off White hoodie for the top. The reason I had him wear this is because Off White is a very well known brand. It is a brand similar to Gucci and Supreme in the sense that their supply is very limited. This leads their products to typically be very expensive. The reason I wanted him to be in knowingly expensive clothing was to emphasize the point that he was a successful rapper. The every expensive clothing shows that he has a lot of money and conveys the sense of extravagance and wealth. In all of the photos I took of my model I had him wear this hoodie in order to convey these points.

Another prop used in some photos was a gold chain provided by one of my group members. I did not have my model wear this in all of the pictures taken because the chain seemed a bit over the top. When going for the idea that he was successful and wealthy, I did not want to go for the idea that he was also very arrogant. With the inclusion of the chain it would have seemed too much like he was trying to brag to the readers rather than just simply show his success. I did have him wear it in some of the pictures just in case I wanted to go with an overwhelming sense of wealth to really emphasize the point I was trying to make. My model also drew on face tattoos with a sharpie for the photo shoot. The reason I had him do this was because it is something that is becoming very common of rappers now. Face tattoos essentially have been a sign of dedication to modern rappers to their music. They decide to get face tattoos because once they get them they use this as motivation since they would no longer be able to get a normal job. I had my model include face tattoos to show his dedication.




I had my Model Wear an Off-White hoodie along with a chain and face tattoos. 



No comments:

Post a Comment